- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama, Crime, Thriller, TV Movie, Mystery
- Release Date: 2015-09-13
- Runtime: 88.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: BBC, Drama Republic
Cast & Crew
David Thewlis, Ken Stott, Finn Cole, Chloe Pirrie, Miranda Richardson, Sophie Rundle, Kyle Soller, Lucy Chappell, Flora Nicholson, Gary Davis, Wanda Opalinska
Synopsis – What to Expect from “An Inspector Calls”
An Inspector Calls is a 2015 British drama film directed by Aisling Walsh and starring David Thewlis, Miranda Richardson and Ken Stott. The film is an adaptation of J.B. Priestley’s classic play of the same name. The story follows the lives of the prosperous Birling family in 1912, as they are visited by an Inspector who is investigating the suicide of a young woman.
The film opens with the family celebrating the engagement of their daughter, Sheila, to the wealthy Gerald Croft. During the celebration, the family is visited by an Inspector Goole, who informs them that a young woman, Eva Smith, has committed suicide and he is investigating the circumstances surrounding her death. He believes that the family had a part in her death and begins to interrogate each of them.
The family is shocked to learn that each of them had a part in Eva’s death, either directly or indirectly. The Inspector reveals that Eva was once employed by Mr. Birling, Sheila’s father, before being fired due to a misunderstanding. Sheila is also revealed to have had a part in Eva’s death, as she had her fired from her job at a department store. Gerald is revealed to have had an affair with Eva and to have abandoned her when she became pregnant.
The Inspector leaves the family in shock, as they realize the full extent of their involvement in Eva’s death. The family is left to reflect on their actions and the consequences of their
Where to Watch “An Inspector Calls”
If you are wondering where to watch “An Inspector Calls”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “An Inspector Calls” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “An Inspector Calls” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to An Inspector Calls