- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Possession Knows No Bounds
- Genres: Horror, Thriller, Mystery
- Release Date: 2005-05-05
- Runtime: 83.0 min
- Budget: $14.0 million
- Revenue: $29.6 million
- Production Companies: Media Pro Pictures, Allan Zeman Productions, After Dark Films, Remstar Productions, Sweetpea Entertainment, Redbus Pictures, Midsummer Films
Cast & Crew
Donald Sutherland, Rachel Hurd, Wood, Sissy Spacek, James D’Arcy, Gaye Brown, Matthew Marsh, Susan Almgren, Zoe Thorne, Vernon Dobtcheff, Thom Fell, Shauna Shim, Sam Alexander, Miquel Brown, Madalina Stan, Vlad Cruceru, Alin Rosca, Andrei Serban, Isabelle Almgren, Doré, Howard Rosenstein
Synopsis – What to Expect from “An American Haunting”
An American Haunting is a 2005 horror film directed by Courtney Solomon and starring Donald Sutherland, Sissy Spacek, Rachel Hurd-Wood, and James D’Arcy.
The movie is set in the early 1800s in a small rural Tennessee town. It follows the Bell family, a devoutly religious family led by John Bell (Donald Sutherland). The Bells are plagued by a mysterious entity that has been terrorizing their family for generations.
The entity, which is later revealed to be the ghost of a witch named Kate Batts, begins to haunt the Bell family in the form of a poltergeist. She causes strange occurrences in the house, such as objects flying off shelves, furniture moving on its own, and strange noises coming from the walls.
The Bells turn to a local minister for help, but he is unable to stop the hauntings. Desperate, they turn to a local conjurer, who reveals that the only way to stop the hauntings is to exorcise the spirit of Kate Batts.
John Bell and his daughter Betsy (Rachel Hurd-Wood) attempt to perform the exorcism, but it fails. Betsy is then taken over by the spirit of Kate Batts and becomes possessed. In order to save Betsy, John Bell must confront the spirit of Kate Batts and force her to leave his daughter’s body.
An American Haunting is a chilling story of the supernatural, as the Bell
Where to Watch “An American Haunting”
If you are wondering where to watch “An American Haunting”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “An American Haunting” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “An American Haunting” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to An American Haunting