- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 1999-11-05
- Runtime: 107.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Civilian Pictures, Bluemark Productions, C, Hundred Film Corporation
Cast & Crew
Mark Borchardt, Mike Schank, Tom Schimmels, Monica Borchardt, Alex Borchardt, Chris Borchardt, Ken Keen, Matt Weisman, Bill Borchardt, Cliff Borchardt, Tom Beach, Joan Petrie, Robert Richard Jorge
Synopsis – What to Expect from “American Movie”
American Movie is a 1999 documentary film directed by Chris Smith about the life of Mark Borchardt, an aspiring independent filmmaker from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The film follows Mark as he attempts to complete his first feature-length film, a horror movie called Coven.
The film opens with an introduction to Mark, a blue-collar worker who is passionate about making movies but is struggling to make ends meet. He lives with his mother and takes a second job to help pay the bills. In order to finance his dream project, Mark has to take on a variety of odd jobs, from mowing lawns to working in a nursing home.
The film follows Mark as he works to complete Coven, a horror movie about a group of teenagers who accidentally discover an ancient book that unleashes a powerful evil. Mark works with his friends Mike Schank and Sarah Price to write, direct, and produce the movie. As they work, they are met with a variety of challenges, including a lack of money, equipment, and experience.
As the film progresses, we learn more about Mark’s personal life and his struggles with addiction. We also get to know his family, including his supportive but overbearing mother, and his uncle Bill, who serves as a mentor and advisor.
With the help of his friends, family, and a few generous donors, Mark eventually completes Coven and screens it at a local movie theater. The film is met with a positive response
Where to Watch “American Movie”
If you are wondering where to watch “American Movie”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “American Movie” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “American Movie” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to American Movie