- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Flight 23 has crashed in the Bermuda Triangle… passengers still alive, trapped underwater…
- Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 1977-03-11
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: $6.0 million
- Revenue: $30.0 million
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, Jennings Lang Productions
Cast & Crew
Jack Lemmon, Lee Grant, Brenda Vaccaro, Joseph Cotten, Olivia de Havilland, Darren McGavin, Christopher Lee, Robert Foxworth, Robert Hooks, George Kennedy, James Stewart, Monte Markham, Kathleen Quinlan, Gil Gerard, James Booth, Monica Lewis, Maidie Norman, Pamela Bellwood, Arlene Golonka, Tom Sullivan, M. Emmet Walsh, Michael Richardson, Michael Pataki, George Furth, Richard Venture, Ross Bickell, Peter Fox, Beverly Gill, Charles Macaulay, Tom Rosqui, Arthur Adams, Anthony Battaglia, Elizabeth Cheshire, Charlotte Lord, Paul Tuerpe, Dar Robinson, Ted Chapman, M. James Arnett, Ron Burke, Chuck Hayward, Johana De Winter, George S. Whiteman, Jean Coulter, Chris Lemmon, John Clavin, John Kerry, Jimmie Ray Weeks, William Whitaker, Janet Brady, Nancy Burnett, Bill Jelliffe, Rickie Sorensen, Peter Greene, Asa Teeter
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Airport ’77”
Airport ’77 is a suspenseful thriller released in 1977, starring Jack Lemmon, Lee Grant, and Joseph Cotten.
The movie begins with a lavish private jet owned by wealthy philanthropist and art collector Philip Stevens (Joseph Cotten) taking off from Washington D.C. for a weekend of relaxation and pleasure. On board are Stevens’ associates, including his beautiful wife Ellen (Lee Grant), his lawyer (Brenda Vaccaro), and his daughter (Kathleen Quinlan).
The plane is soon hijacked by a group of criminals led by a mysterious figure known as “The Fox” (James Stewart). The hijackers demand a ransom of $1 million in exchange for the passengers’ release.
The plane is forced to make an emergency landing in the Bermuda Triangle, where it crashes into the ocean and sinks. The passengers and crew are stranded in the middle of the ocean with no hope of rescue. They must now rely on their own ingenuity to survive.
As the passengers struggle to stay alive, the hijackers attempt to find them and recover the ransom money. With the help of an experienced pilot (George Kennedy) and a daring rescue mission, the passengers are eventually saved.
The movie ends with the passengers and crew returning home safely, and the hijackers being apprehended. Airport ’77 is a thrilling and suspenseful movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.
Where to Watch “Airport ’77”
If you are wondering where to watch “Airport ’77”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Airport ’77” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Airport ’77” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Airport ’77