- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Climbing the corporate ladder can be murder.
- Genres: Crime, Comedy, Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 1990-03-23
- Runtime: 91.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Brigand Films
Cast & Crew
Michael Caine, Elizabeth McGovern, Peter Riegert, Swoosie Kurtz, Will Patton, Jenny Wright, John McMartin, Barbara Baxley, Haviland Morris, Philip Moon, Kent Broadhurst, Zach Grenier, David Schramm, Sam Schacht, Christopher Durang, Mia Dillon, Alice Haining, Patience Moore, Darrell Wilks, Scotty Bloch, Kim Staunton, Alicia Hoge, Mike Cicchetti, Rick Petrucelli, Victor Truro, Rik Colitti, Mike Starr, Miguel Pérez, John Finn, Tyrone Jackson, Marie Sylvia, Samuel L. Jackson, Jonathan Freeman, Elizabeth Moran, Joe Zaloom, Socorro Santiago, Welker White, Frank Ferrara, Sheila Stainback, Jim Dratfield, Fred Ephraim, Garry Goodrow, David H. Kramer, Angela Pietropinto, Craig Sechler, Louise Williams
Synopsis – What to Expect from “A Shock to the System”
A Shock to the System is a dark comedy released in 1990. It follows the story of Michael Barnes (Michael Caine), a middle-aged executive who has been working at a London-based advertising firm for over twenty years. After being passed over for a promotion, Michael begins to question his life and the choices he has made. He begins to feel that he is stuck in a rut and decides to make some drastic changes.
Michael begins to take risks in his personal life, such as having an affair with a younger woman, and in his professional life, such as taking on a major client without the approval of his boss. He also begins to take a more active role in the lives of his family, including his teenage son and daughter.
However, Michael’s newfound sense of freedom and power soon leads him down a dark path. He begins to manipulate and blackmail his colleagues in order to get what he wants. He also makes a series of poor decisions that lead to disastrous consequences.
When his actions lead to the death of a colleague, Michael is arrested and charged with murder. He is forced to face the consequences of his actions and the truth about himself. In the end, Michael learns a valuable lesson about the importance of taking responsibility for his own life and the choices he makes.
Where to Watch “A Shock to the System”
If you are wondering where to watch “A Shock to the System”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “A Shock to the System” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “A Shock to the System” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to A Shock to the System