- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Neither Heaven nor Earth could keep them apart!
- Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Drama
- Release Date: 1946-12-15
- Runtime: 104.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: The Archers, J. Arthur Rank Organisation
Cast & Crew
David Niven, Kim Hunter, Marius Goring, Kathleen Byron, Richard Attenborough, Robert Coote, Bonar Colleano, Joan Maude, Roger Livesey, Robert Atkins, Edwin Max, Betty Potter, Abraham Sofaer, Raymond Massey, Lois Maxwell
Synopsis – What to Expect from “A Matter of Life and Death”
A Matter of Life and Death is a 1946 British romantic fantasy drama film set in the Second World War. The film follows the story of a young airman, Peter Carter, who is forced to bail out of his aircraft without a parachute and is expected to die. However, he survives the fall, only to find himself in a strange, surreal world.
In this world, he meets an angelic figure, known as Conductor 71, who informs him that his life was supposed to end in the fall, and that he is now in the afterlife. Peter begs the Conductor for a chance to prove himself worthy of life, and the Conductor agrees to take him before a celestial court to plead his case.
At the court, Peter is represented by a lawyer, Abraham Farlan, and is pitted against the prosecutor, Dr. Reeves, who argues that Peter has already been judged by the laws of nature and should not be allowed to return to life. After a lengthy debate, the court reaches a decision, allowing Peter to return to life and giving him a second chance.
Back on earth, Peter is reunited with his love, June, and the two are soon married. However, Peter’s newfound life is not without its difficulties, as he is still haunted by the knowledge that he should have died in the fall. He must also contend with the fact that June is slowly losing her sight, and that he is unable to do anything to save her.
Where to Watch “A Matter of Life and Death”
If you are wondering where to watch “A Matter of Life and Death”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “A Matter of Life and Death” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “A Matter of Life and Death” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to A Matter of Life and Death