- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Western, Action, Adventure, Drama
- Release Date: 1970-05-01
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Cinema Center Films, Sandy Howard Productions, Estudios Churubusco Azteca S.A.
Cast & Crew
Richard Harris, Judith Anderson, Manu Tupou, Corinna Tsopei, Dub Taylor, James Gammon, William Jordan, Eddie Little Sky, Michael Baseleon, Lina Marín, Tamara Garina, Iron Eyes Cody, Tom Tyon, Terry Leonard, Manuel Padilla Jr.-Lloyd One Star, Samuel White Horse, James Never Miss a Shot, Justin Thin Elk, Aloysius Eagleman, Lee Schaff Guardino, Sonny Skyhawk, Jasper Redhat, Vince St. Cyr, Edward Little, Jackson Tail, Jean Gascon
Synopsis – What to Expect from “A Man Called Horse”
A Man Called Horse is a 1970 western drama directed by Elliot Silverstein and starring Richard Harris. The film follows the story of John Morgan, an English aristocrat who is captured by a Sioux tribe and eventually assimilated into their culture.
The film begins with John Morgan (Richard Harris) as a wealthy English aristocrat who is captured by a Sioux tribe while on a hunting expedition. He is taken back to their village and is subjected to a ritual in which he is hung upside down and pierced with arrows. After surviving the ritual, he is accepted by the tribe and given the name “Horse”.
Horse is then taken in by the tribe and taught their ways. He learns their language, customs, and even their religion. He is also taught the art of hunting and warfare. During his time with the tribe, he begins to understand their way of life and even develops a deep bond with the tribe’s chief, Yellow Hand (Manu Tupou).
As time passes, Horse is accepted by the tribe and starts to feel at home. He even falls in love with one of the tribe’s young women, Running Deer (Jean Gascon). However, his newfound happiness is threatened when the tribe is attacked by a rival tribe. In the battle, Yellow Hand is killed and Horse is taken captive.
Horse is then sold into slavery and taken to a trading post in the American West. There, he meets a group of tra
Where to Watch “A Man Called Horse”
If you are wondering where to watch “A Man Called Horse”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “A Man Called Horse” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “A Man Called Horse” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to A Man Called Horse