- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Every woman who has loved will understand
- Genres: Drama, Romance, War
- Release Date: 1932-12-08
- Runtime: 89.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Paramount
Cast & Crew
Helen Hayes, Gary Cooper, Adolphe Menjou, Mary Philips, Jack La Rue, Blanche Friderici, Mary Forbes, Gilbert Emery, Henry Armetta, Herman Bing, Agostino Borgato, Marcelle Corday, Gino Corrado, William Irving, Doris Lloyd
Synopsis – What to Expect from “A Farewell to Arms”
A Farewell to Arms is a 1932 American romantic drama film directed by Frank Borzage and based on the 1929 semi-autobiographical novel of the same name by Ernest Hemingway.
The film follows the story of Frederic Henry (Gary Cooper), an American serving as an ambulance driver in the Italian army during World War I. While on leave in Rome, Frederic meets the beautiful and enigmatic English nurse Catherine Barkley (Helen Hayes). The two quickly fall in love, and Frederic decides to desert the war in order to be with her.
As the war rages on, Frederic and Catherine are forced to flee Italy, but tragedy strikes when Catherine discovers she is pregnant. Despite Frederic’s efforts to protect her, Catherine is arrested and sent to a hospital where she tragically dies during childbirth.
Devastated by the loss of his beloved, Frederic returns to the front lines and is severely injured in battle. After being hospitalized, he is sent back to the United States, where he is reunited with his friend and fellow soldier, Rinaldi (Adolphe Menjou).
With Rinaldi’s help, Frederic is able to come to terms with his grief and begin to move on with his life. A Farewell to Arms is a poignant story of love, loss, and the power of resilience in the face of tragedy.
Where to Watch “A Farewell to Arms”
If you are wondering where to watch “A Farewell to Arms”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “A Farewell to Arms” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “A Farewell to Arms” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to A Farewell to Arms