- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Centuries before the exploration of space, there was another voyage into the unknown.
- Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, History
- Release Date: 1992-10-09
- Runtime: 154.0 min
- Budget: $47.0 million
- Revenue: $7.2 million
- Production Companies: Paramount, Gaumont, France 3 Cinéma, ABC Pictures, Due West, Cyrkfilms, Ministère de la culture, Spanish Ministry of Culture, Scott Free Productions, Légende Films
Cast & Crew
Gérard Depardieu, Armand Assante, Sigourney Weaver, Loren Dean, Ángela Molina, Fernando Rey, Michael Wincott, Kevin Dunn, Tchéky Karyo, Frank Langella, Mark Margolis, Arnold Vosloo, Steven Waddington, Fernando Guillén Cuervo, Juan Diego Botto, Fernando García Rimada, Albert Vidal, José Luis Ferrer, Jack Taylor, Billy L. Sullivan
Synopsis – What to Expect from “1492: Conquest of Paradise”
1492: Conquest of Paradise is a 1992 epic historical drama film directed by Ridley Scott and written by Roselyne Bosch. The film stars Gérard Depardieu, Armand Assante, Sigourney Weaver, Loren Dean, and Ángela Molina.
The film tells the story of Christopher Columbus’s (Depardieu) voyage to the New World in 1492. After being rejected by the Spanish court, Columbus is given a chance to prove himself by convincing the Spanish court to fund his voyage. He sets sail with a crew of Spanish sailors and adventurers, and soon discovers the beauty and potential of the New World.
Once in the New World, Columbus is met with resistance from the native people, who are suspicious of his intentions. Columbus and his crew must battle the elements and the natives in order to establish a settlement. In the process, they encounter a variety of cultures and customs, and must learn to adapt in order to survive.
The film also explores the personal struggles and relationships of the crew members, as they struggle to survive in an unknown land. In the end, Columbus and his crew are able to establish a settlement and prove to the Spanish court that the New World is worth exploring. The film ends with Columbus returning to Spain with news of his successful voyage.
Where to Watch “1492: Conquest of Paradise”
If you are wondering where to watch “1492: Conquest of Paradise”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “1492: Conquest of Paradise” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “1492: Conquest of Paradise” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to 1492: Conquest of Paradise